Thursday, January 24, 2008

Top of the To Do List...

Make this your priority: Figure out this year how to make You happy. As an adult, don't expect someone or something to make you happy. People change, things are lost and if you are depending on that person or that thing to make you happy, eventually you will be sad, upset, heart broken, spirit broken amongst a host of other negative moods that can be accompanied with disappointment. This message is for those times when we are not dealing with PMS, because beleive me it's hard to control your mood when your hormones are out of whack (God bless those of you who experience this monthly). If you are feeling shitty, down and out, sorry for yourself (for whatever reason), sad, depressed, afraid and guarded, etc. don't expect the people around you to go there with you. If you are not willing to face your feelings head on, or right now is just not the time to talk about your feelings, well, when is a good time?? I tell my daughter (3 yrs old) all the time, don't fuss and put on a sad face for no reason, you should want to be happy, you should try to be happy, you don't have any reason not to be happy. Take a moment when you are not feeling happy or "even" at the least and think about your blessings, think about a time when you were happy and go back there, then smile. Pass around a smile today instead of a frown. My hope is that the next time I feel like I'm in a funk, that I will come back to this post, read it, and live it. I find release in scrutinizing myself. Don't be afraid to smell your own shit (this is a blog topic in and of itself). Find out what makes you happy so that you can add to someone else's happiness rather than subtract from it. This is my prayer for Me today...

No comments: