Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Re: Worrie

Stop Worrying! I realized, consciously, that the less I worry, the more clearly I am able to see the many ways in which God is blessing me. The less I worry and stress over my financials; each week I pay my bills. At times it feels like God bending down and kissing me on the cheek. He says, "Didn't I tell you baby, none of that is yours to bear." And so I smile. In a Rolling Stone article, Badu said (and I paraphrase), "I just smile and allow my attitude to catch up to it." Just let God. When you think you have a reason to worry, know there is none. When I feel like I want to worry and stress over a situation, and despite that feeling I decide not to, it's like freedom. Worry and stress can eat you alive. So I say this to you: the less you clog your spiritual eyes, your mind, your heart with worry, stress, anxiety, etc., the more clearly you will be able to see your blessings which in turn will enhance your peace, happiness, and joy.

No comments: